Currently we do not have a date for the opening of InstaGreeter Services. Please read new restrictions below.
Chicago Greeter and Choose Chicago are committed to providing a safe experience for its volunteers and visitors. Our Greeter visits will be operating with the following safety precautions:
- Guests and Greeters must wear masks at all times during the visit
All participants must maintain 6 ft. social distance.
Groups must be four guests or less.
Greeter visits will avoid heavily populated areas.
Use of public transportation on Greeter visits is currently suspended.
InstaGreeter gives visitors the stellar Chicago Greeter experience without the need to pre-register! These hour-long guided walks of Downtown and seasonally, Millennium Park , Uptown and Hyde Park are perfect for the visitor with more flexible travel dates, someone whose schedule may not allow for a longer Chicago Greeter visit, or a last-minute guest who cannot register for a Greeter visit 10 business days in advance.
- InstaGreeter walks are
- Drop in any time within the hours that InstaGreeter is offered – no registration required.
- Perfect as a last-minute alternative for guests looking to experience Chicago with a Greeter.
- These informal, one-hour guided walks are both fun and informative, and ideal for someone who is pressed for time or looking for a more flexible option to a full-fledged Chicago Greeter visit
Current InstaGreeter services include:
- Loop InstaGreeter, available year round. One hour walks offered Friday through Monday beginning at 10:30am and continuing hourly with last walk at 2:30pm.
- Chicago Riverwalk- free one hour walks leave from the Bridgehouse Museum Plaza at 11:30am and 1:30pm.
- Millennium Park- free one hour daily walks 11:30am leaving from the Chicago Cultural Center Randolph st. lobby.
Check back here for our seasonal InstaGreeter services Memorial Day-Columbus Day weekend 2020.