Volunteer to be a Greeter
Chicago Greeters are friendly, enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the city. Becoming a Chicago Greeter requires no additional experience, just a passion for Chicago.
- Chicago Greeter hosted 10,000 visitors from every state and over 100 countries
- You don't have to speak a foreign language to be a Greeter: most of our guests speak English. But Chicago receives visitors from all over the world, so if are fluent in Mandarin Chinese, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese - or have any other foreign language skills - we definitely could use you!
- Are you very familiar with Bridgeport, Bucktown/Wicker Park, Hyde Park, Pilsen, Bronzeville, Andersonville and other neighborhoods outside of the Loop?
- Show visitors your favorite spots in Chicago. Customize a visit for your guests highlighting what you love about Chicago.
- Enjoy educational opportunities for Chicago Greeters and tour guide basics.
Want to volunteer? Simply fill out the application form and a Chicago Greeter representative will get in touch with you.
Check out our Volunteer FAQ page for more information on becoming a Chicago Greeter!